The Inspired Insider
Weekly Newsletter | 01/16 - 01/22
Social Media Spotlight
Shout Out of the Week:
Brian Quinn, Installer
"Installation is amazing—but not as much as the installer! Brian was awesome! I appreciate everything he did to ensure the closet exceeded my expectations—including running to the Container Store to get additional parts. I am one VERY satisfied customer."
- The Container Store Customer
Leadership Live: Goal Setting with Dr. Edward Fubara
For the inaugural episode of 2022, we had the pleasure of being joined by Dr. Edward Fubara who discussed the ins and outs of Goal Setting.
If you didn't have the opportunity to tune in for this morning's webinar, follow the steps below to receive credit for participating!
- Watch the recording of the webinar above.
- Answer the questions at the end of the video.
- Email your answer to email@example.com.
The Inspired Podcast
Inspired Podcast Summary:
Penmarc Inspired Podcast – January 18, 2022
Roger Concha – Market Manager, Southern California
Welcome to the Inspired Call for January 18, 2022. This Is Roger Concha Market Manager for Southern California.
First and foremost, I hope everyone and their loved ones are doing well and staying safe through these frenzied times.
Today’s Inspired Call Topic is more of a refresher talk about adequate floor protection.
Over the last year, we’ve encountered quite a few complaints due to damages in customer homes. By far the Number 1 complaint is flooring damage. Typical flooring damages we’ve seen thus far range from dirtying a carpet to deep gouges in hardwood floors.
As a Penmarc installer, what can you do to prevent flooring damages?
Here are a few suggestions and best practices to incorporate into your install routine to help avoid potential floor damage.
1. Always wear booties. I personally walk up to every residence with booties in hand. (Tip: Always remove booties when exiting the customer’s residence. For example, if you’re headed outside to cut or to your vehicle to retrieve a different tool.)
2. Plastic sheeting is a great option for floor protection when working over carpets. If there’s demo involved in a space you can simply roll up the plastic and essentially be done with clean up. (Tip: Always cut a few inches longer than the area you’ll be working to allow easy access to adhere to a wall or baseboard)
3. While working over Hardwood, Laminate, or any Natural stone surface I’d highly recommend using moving blankets. Moving blankets can lessen the impact falling debris can have on a surface. (Tip: Use a moving blanket to lay out your tools and tool bags.)
4. Determine a walking route and stick to it. If you entered the residence through the front door stick to that route. Avoid walking through other parts of a customer’s home.
- Other best practices include:
- Maintaining a clean working area
- Vacuuming after demo
- Removing all demo debris immediately out of space after uninstalling
- Using Cardboard as floor protection
- Utilizing Cruxos in Real-time to capture preexisting conditions
I’m sure most of you take similar precautions to the aforementioned suggestions and this is just a refresher. But for those of you that are new, taking these necessary steps is essential to being a successful installer.
For those of you who haven't heard, The Container Store made a major acquisition of a company called Closet Works based out of Chicago, IL. Closet Works specializes in designing, manufacturing, and supplying wood-based custom home storage and organization solutions. Sounds a lot like the Laren systems we install... interesting yeah? The announcement was made public on January 4th. While we do not have many details yet, we know acquisition will certainly have an effect on our business. We will attach a link to an article regarding TCS's purchase of Closet Works in the transcript of the call and as we get more details, we will pass them along.
Spirit of Excellences
We’ve continued to get positive feedback from TCS and TCS Customers!
Ben Kory (Subcontractor – San Jose, CA) - Our first feedback for our new Northcal team!
"For what it's worth, Ben does fantastic work. Unreal how quick he got it done and it looks perfect." - TCS Customer sent via email to TCS Installation Services
Brian Quinn (W2 Installer – Raleigh, NC)
"Installation is amazing—but not as much as the installer! Brian was awesome! I appreciate everything he did to ensure the closet exceeded my expectations—including running to the Container Store to get additional parts. I am one VERY satisfied customer." - TCS Customer sent via email to TCS Installation Services
Wesley Master (Subcontractor – San Antonio, TX)
“The "Masters Team" of your San Antonio were a) on time, B) coordinated courteously, C) completed the installation efficiently and professionally. GRADE: AAA+++ - Thanks so much Amanda and PenMarc" – Installation Customer (via email direct to Penmarc)
Inspired Podcast Questions:
We want to hear from you! If you have any questions you would like to be answered and discussed during our podcast each week, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Measurement and ISV
Download the Measurement and ISV Form below.
Happy Workiversary to:
Week 01/09 - 01/15
No workiversaries this week.
Happy Birthday to:
Week 01/09 - 01/15
01/19 - Danielle Blair