The Inspired Insider
Weekly Newsletter | 01/02 - 01/08
With 2021 behind us, it's time to set some goals for 2022 and beyond. If you don't know where to start, be sure to listen to the Inspired Podcast below for tips and ideas for New Year's resolutions.
Shout Out of the Week:
Kris Turnbull, Installer
"A customer called with glowing words about Kris Turnbull. She initially had a poor installation experience and design issues but said when Kris came for the service order, he was '...unbelievable, so helpful. He gave us so many options and made the closets able to be used. We can't say enough about him. He was incredible."
- Rebekka Feiner, Coordinator
4 Simple Tricks to Stay Motivated Every Day
The Inspired Podcast
Inspired Podcast Summary:
Penmarc Inspired Podcast – January 5th 2022
Bryan Smart – South Central Market Manager
Happy New Year everyone!!! Goodbye 2021 and Welcome 2022!!! We hope that you had a great Christmas and New Year's with your friends and family.
My Name is Bryan Smart, Market Manager out of South Texas and covering South Central for Penmarc. I have been with Penmarc for a little over two years now working from Houston TX and it has been a privilege to watch our company grow, many thanks to all of your hard work and professionalism every day. I came to Penmarc from a career in Home Improvement and Project Management. I am so excited to see what 2022 has in store for all of us here at Penmarc.
For many 2021 is just another year gone, but for some, well we want 2022 to be different, maybe even try once again to set some new goals or New Year’s Resolutions. A New Year's resolution is a tradition, most common in the United States and Western World but also found in the Eastern World, in which a person resolves to continue good practices, change an undesired trait or behavior, accomplish a personal goal, or otherwise improve their life at the start of a new year.
We hope you are up to the challenge to set some new goals this year! At Penmarc we strive to set new goals and overcome challenges. Learn something new, make a decision to: quit smoking, lose weight, or simply enjoy life more – it’s all up to you to make those steps towards being a better you. If 2021 wasn't great for you, let that motivate you even more to make 2022 your best year yet. Living life to the fullest and living in the moment. Here are a few ideas to consider making a part of your routine.
- Be intentional this new year to create the future you want.
- Write down your goals -Those who write down their goals are 1.4 times more likely to succeed at them than those who don't.
- Stick to a budget - Sticking to a budget can help you save more for the lifestyle that you desire
- Eat food that makes you well - Food can help you have more energy and make you happier. Foods can also slow you down and put you in a bad mood.
- Follow a consistent sleep schedule -There are many benefits to following a consistent sleep schedule, including reduced stress, improved mood, and clearer thinking.
- Be more present - You can't change what happened in the past. You also can't completely control what happens in the future. What you can do is focus more on the present
- Another form of being in the present is expressing gratitude. Practice regularly thinking of all the things you can be thankful for in life.
- Gratitude has been proven to help make us happier. Focus on the good things going on for you right now
The Elfa Sale is underway and we do anticipate seeing more activity as jobs are sold and being scheduled for install.
Reminder for all Laren / Avera Installs we are required to Haul away all trash. This is included in the customer pricing for these installs.
For Elfa Installs, we should be asking the customer right up front where they would like us to place all the clean up and trash once we are finished. This lets the customer understand the clean-up process.
During any install there is always a chance of hitting a water line or an unseen obstacle in a wall. Here are a few install tips to remember if this ever happens to you:
- If you drill into a water line, try to plug the hole by keeping the screw in the hole until the water can be turned off.
- Notify your customer right away, then help to locate the water shut off
- After turning the water off, open a water hose or faucet to relieve the pressure and hopefully slow the water leaking into the space to immediate any damage.
- Assist in the clean-up. Use a shop vac to clean up any standing water.
- Notify your manager, then Coordinators. Update notes in Cruxos.
Keep an eye on your Cruxos Work Calendar Daily for any changes or updates. We have many new people being added to our Penmarc Team including several new Coordinators. Please be patient with our folks as most office staff are having to work from home at this time due to the rise in Covid spread.
The Coordinating team are on the phones nonstop scheduling customers and dealing with Store concerns and the over 120 or so Penmarc Installers that are in the field daily.
Remember to read your plans and understand your upcoming install prior to the day of install.
Be sure to Call TCS installation services when you have missing, damaged, or back ordered products.
Document all missing and damaged items in Cruxos with photos and names of who you spoke with at TCSIS.
Answer “NO” to the question, “Is the installation 100% complete?” if you have any missing, back ordered, or damaged products.
For Measures and ISV’s – Let's all start using the simple “ABC” cards in your space photos to identify the walls in the space. This simple step is very much appreciated by our client and therefore something that we all should now be doing.
Slow Down when taking measures and be accurate. If you follow the measure sheets that Penmarc provides you with as a guide, you should not miss anything that is being requested for a design.
All ISV Measures still require an authorization call to the “hotline number.”
Make sure you are reviewing this Inspired Call each week for tips and updates with all things Penmarc.
The Monthly Safety Quiz needs to be one of your new Goals this year – complete the Safety Quiz each month. It only takes about 2-3 min to participate and also allows your name to enter for prize giveaways and Penmarc Swag.
Spirit of Excellence Kudos
We want to give shout out to All of Our Field Installers as we're getting some really great feedback lately on customer service - installers being helpful, polite, going above and beyond to make sure customers’ needs are taken care of.
That is the Penmarc Way. Living our Core Values every day brings us back to the basics of the Penmarc “Inspired” Way but also reinforces what our customers expect during this time of COVID – 19.
If a customer proceeds with their installation at this time, they have an elevated expectation of our services and Installers.
Assuring that we uphold the Spirit of Excellence in everything we do is something that separates Penmarc from the other installation partners throughout the country.
Thank you all for keeping this Core Value top of mind and putting it into action every day!
From South Texas and all of Penmarc, I want to wish you all a prosperous New Year 2022.
Inspired Podcast Questions:
We want to hear from you! If you have any questions you would like to be answered and discussed during our podcast each week, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Measurement and ISV
Download the Measurement and ISV Form below.
Happy Workiversary to:
Week 01/02 - 01/08
2 Years - Clarence Demmery Jr
1 Year - Kyle Jones
Happy Birthday to:
Week 01/02 - 01/08
No birthdays this week.